In order to start a business in Mauritius, Business Registration Card is permit issued by government agencies that allow individuals or companies to conduct business within the government's geographical jurisdiction. It is the authorization to start a business issued by the local government.
An Application for Business Registration can be submitted at the office of Registrar of Companies or can be done online.
Information to be provided
(a) Name of the company/commercial partnership
(b) Company file number/Commercial partnership file number
The identification number to be given is:
- For a Company: File number allocated by the Registrar of Companies
- For a Commercial Partnership: File number allocated by the Registrar of Companies
- The tax account number, the registration number at Customs, the Social Security Employment registration number, the VAT registration number must be stated if available.
- The Business name (if any). The business name is the trading name of the business.
- The general nature of business/es and its location. A description of the activity and the address of the business must be given.
- Date or proposed date of commencement of business/es. The date or proposed date on which the applicant intends to start business.
- Address of the principal place of business.
- Telephone number, fax number and email address.
This is the address where correspondence can be sent.
Workforce of the Applicant
State the number of persons employed or proposed to employ.
If you wish to register your business on-line
Use the Companies Division website at http://www.gov.mu/portal/site/compdivsite
Last Updated on: 20-04-2010