Any person who wishes to seek employment or engage in any gainful occupation in Mauritius may not be allowed to enter Mauritius unless he/she is the holder of a Residence Permit issued by the Passport Immigration Office and a Work Permit issued by the Ministry of Labor, Industrial Relations and employment.
Documents to be Submitted
- Application Form to Enter Mauritius duly filled and signed by the applicant or by representative on his behalf.
- Two recent passport size photographs of the applicant and his dependents (if applicable).
- Photocopy of the data pages of applicant’s passport and that of any dependants.
- Evidence of admission in an educational or training establishment approved by the Government
- Details on the course to be followed.
- Evidence of funds to meet costs of training/course
- Evidence of accommodation in Mauritius.
- Evidence from the foreign educational or training establishment to the effect that the training/short course to be followed in Mauritius forms part of a course of study being followed
- An undertaking by applicant to the effect that he/she would not engage in any financial gainful activities
- In case of a minor, a letter of consent from the responsible parties / guardian to be produced.
- Applicant who has entered the country on tourist visa will not be entitled to study or undergo any training in Mauritius
- In case applicant is overseas, he should ensure that approval has been obtained from relevant authorities (work and residence permit) before undertaking any travel to Mauritius
- Application should be made on the prescribed Form "Application to Enter Mauritius" which is also available at the Passport and Immigration Office and on the Immigration Office Website: http//:Passport.gov.mu
- All the above mentioned documents should be submitted in original and a legible Photostat copy of each for consideration (original will be returned after verification).
Last Updated on: 19-04-2010