Ex-Sri Lankans now holding foreign Citizenship or Sri Lankans qualified for grant of Citizenship of a foreign country, who have contributed to the socio-economic development of Sri Lanka are eligible for dual citizenship.
The statements in the application should be supported by an affidavit (Section E) made by the applicant before a Justice of the Peace or a Commissioner of Oaths. No stamp is required and the Applicant's Original Birth Certificate and a copy is required.
- If the applicant is a citizen of Sri Lanka by registration, the relevant certificate and a copy.
- If applicant is married, The Marriage Certificate and a copy.
- Applicant’s Foreign Citizenship Certificate/ Foreign Travel Document/ Permanent Residence Visa.
- Applicant’s current and / or previous Sri Lankan Passports and copies or an affidavit.
- If applying under professional category, applicant’s Educational/Professional Certificate and a copy(minimum a two year Diploma / Trade Certificate from a recognized institute)
- If applying under wealth category, original of the documentary proof of applicant’s assets such as lands or other immovable properties in Sri Lanka worth of Rs. 2.5 Million or above and a copy. Deed Valuation report extract and Title report for the same should be also submitted.
- If applying under age category, applicants over 55 years of age original birth certificate and a copy should be submitted.
If the documents referred above are submitted without originals, they should be attested by the Sri Lankan Mission accredited to that county, or the nearest Sri Lankan Mission or Solicitor or a Justice of the Peace of the country in domicile.
Each applicant should forward an application to one of the addresses below with the required documents, by personally calling over/ Registered Post.:
- Sri Lanka Mission in the country of residence
- Citizenship Division, Ministry of Internal Administration
- Department of Immigration and Emigration
Last Updated on: 19-05-2010