3rd International Conference on Southeast Asia 2009 with the theme “Developing Southeast Asia: Challenges & Prospects in the New Millennium” will be held from 8th to 9th of December at the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur. The conference welcomes papers and participation from academicians, practitioners, researchers, students and administrators of both private and public sectors. The papers related to Southeast Asian issues are welcomed and some of topics of interest include
- Regional Economy
- Maritime Southeast Asia
- Minorities in Southeast Asia
- ASEAN and Regional Integration
- Arts, Literature and Culture in Southeast Asia
- Political Development in Southeast Asia
- Social Development in Southeast Asia
- Economic Development in Southeast Asia
- Government and Politics in Southeast Asia
- Environment and Development in Southeast Asia
- Foreign Policy and International Relations
The 3rd International Conference On Southeast Asia 2009 is organized to attain its objective like
- Creating awareness of the challenges of regional as well as global contemporary issues that Southeast Asian countries face today.
- Promoting Southeast Asia as a region of diverse political, economic, cultural and social characteristics.
- To present new research findings in the field of Southeast Asian Studies.
- To encourage exchange of ideas and information among researchers involved in researching and teaching Southeast Asian Studies.
- To encourage intellectual discourse among researchers, academicians, governments, private sectors and NGOs on issues pertaining to Southeast Asia.
University of Malaya