The First International Conference on Queer Diaspora 2010 is one of the most significant conference in Taiwan. The main theme of the conference is “queering trans-nationalism”. The conference will focus on the connection between the queer studies and diaspora studies. Attendees to the conference will comprehend as to how the conditions of geographical mobility construct new experiences and understandings of sexuality and gender identity. Visitors will also get to know about the normative and queer expressions of subjectivity appear in those trans-national and cross-cultural movements. The new articulations of normative and dissident subjectivity rising from the material, biological and ideological dislocations of globalization will be discussed in the meeting.
The key points for discussion at the conference would include:
- HIV/AIDS epidemiology
- Trans-locational cultural production & consumption
- Queering trans-nationalism; queer & trans-nationalism
- LGBTQ social movements
- Queer, territorial governance, cross-boundary migration, and diasporas.
The visitors for the The First Queer Diaspora 2010 are:
- Business & Government Women Leaders
- Health organizations
- Women in any leadership position or are aiming to get there
- Local Government Chairmen
- Assembly Members
- Specialists & Professional
National Taiwan University Women's Research