DEMA Show 2011 - Diving Equipment & Marketing Association Show - is an association which is actively involved in promoting sustainable growth in safe recreational diving and snorkeling while protecting the underwater environment. The organization has a wide pool of active members who work on a strategic plan to attain its goals. DEMA represents the divers groups and speaks on behalf of the sport and its operational function is to create focused programs that positively affect the industry. Apart from that Diving Equipment & Marketing Association is involved with many activities like monitoring legislative activity around the country, lending assistance to local associations of dive operators, doing Certification Census and involvement with Marine Life Protection Areas. Diving Equipment & Marketing Association Show brings enough networking opportunities for the business community along with business education for the divers via workshops and seminars.
The prime goals of this unit are:
- To produce an annual trade event for the industry to produce a successful financial outcome for the association
- To engage in marketing programs which promote the industry, create new customers, drive business into retail stores and resorts and promote diver retention.
- To reserve funds annually to be dedicated to potential legislation.
- To engage in marketing research programs.
- Define the universe of divers
- Determine the rate of erosion amongst existing divers.
- Determine the number of entry level certifications which take place in the United States and Caribbean each year.
- Provide retail audit information that is made self-liquidating through annual subscriptions.
- To conserve and protect natural aquatic resources.
* The 'Be A Diver Pool Tour' * Ships 2 Reefs Program * Espresso Education Sessions * DEMA Beer Garden * Reaching Out Award to Industry icons
- Diving Retailers & Staff
- Equipment Repair Technicians
- Shop Owners
- Boat/Live Aboard Operator
- Safety/search and Rescue Divers
- Dive Resort Operators
- Dive Masters
- Dive Training Agency or Association
- Management & Staff
- Environmental Organization
- Professional Photographers or Videographers
- Travel Agent
- Cruise Ship/Lines operators
- Snorkeling and Ocean Sport Gear
- Underwater Communications Equipment
- Underwater Vehicles
- Air station Equipment
- Cylinders and Valves
- Boats and marine products
- Ocean Sports Apparel and Swimwear
- Paddle Sports Equipment
- Windsurfing Equipment
- Sun Care Products
- Dive and Adventure Travel Destinations
- Dive Training and Instructional Materials
- Airlines and Charter Services
- Metal Detectors
- Underwater Photography
National Trade Productions, USA