The 5th National Neuroscience Conference: Epilepsy is the major event for all the health professionals involved in epilepsy, in the United Kingdom. It intends to assemble leading experts in the field to discuss on key clinical issues, recent developments and practical management of epilepsy. This conference is particularly intended for the neurologists, neurosurgeons, epilepsy nurse specialists, neuroscience nurses, neurophysiologists and allied health professionals specializing in neurology, to provide them with a complete overview of the of the present and future pharmacotherapies used in the treatment of epilepsy. It will also offer deep insights into precise treatment consideration in the elderly and in women of child bearing. The conference will cover all the critical issues through a range of presentations and panel discussions and will also offer an excellent opportunity to exchange ideas with leading practitioners in the field.
- Surgical approaches to insular epilepsy
- Vague nerve stimulation: current status and future prospects
- Epilepsy in women of child bearing age: specific treatment considerations
- Epilepsy in the elderly: specific treatment considerations
- Care pathways, multidisciplinary management and the role of the epilepsy nurse specialist
- A carers perspective and the importance of family involvement
- Clinical syndromes and current controversies in idiopathic generalized epilepsy
- Clinical predictors of outcome and risk in epilepsy
- Practice nurses
- Neuro pharmacologists
- Neuroscience nurses
- Epilepsy nurse specialists
- Allied health professionals specializing in neurology
MA Healthcare Ltd.