The 3rd International Conference on Informatics and Technology 2009 is organized by University of Malaya with an aim to explore new opportunities for using informatics and technologies to solve the problem of global economy crisis. Renowned speakers will share their experience, knowledge and views making this event an informative one. The conference deals with a wide range of topics which will be very beneficial for the participants and attendees. Some of the important topics for the conference are
- Hybrid computing – combining open source and proprietary software to provide up-front economic advantages and increase productivity.
- Green ICT and management – recycling and reusing ICT (including intangible assets such as software), and reducing wastage.
- Cloud computing and networking – sharing resources across a network and improving communication (for tele-health/consultation etc).
- Software engineering and programming – providing design patterns for reusability, and improving usability.
- Information system and database – providing integration among different functional areas to ensure proper communication, productivity and efficiency (digital library, geographic information systems, enterprise resource planning, e-commerce, e-learning etc).
- Security and cryptography – improving asset and access security.
- Artificial intelligence and pattern matching – detecting financial wellbeing and trends and evaluating rate of spread of crisis.
University of Malaya