The European Congress on E-Inclusion 2010 is an official conference. The theme is, “Delivering Digital Europe in Public Libraries”. The main aim of this conference is to respond to the challenges and opportunities that are the outcome of the digital age. The agenda will features debates and discussions on the role of public libraries and the role they play within this policy context. The conference will cover a range of areas like how public libraries need to bridge the digital divide, the role they can play to increase accessibility of services and information, and their role in supporting digital literacy programs. Participants will also get a chance to scrutinize what should be included in the future European policy statement on public libraries.
All the discussions will be based on the following five themes
- European policy for public libraries: What will it say, what can it do?
- New approaches to e-inclusion, technology and content
- Public libraries building new partnerships for the future
- Public libraries in an increasingly competitive market
- Working with communities: social networking, communities of interest and crowd sourcing
The visitors at European Congress on E-Inclusion 2010 would include:
- Public sectors
- Private sectors
- Public policy personnel
- Technology procurement personnel
- Library services representatives
- Delivery partners
Belgian Presidency of the Council of the European Union