Brussels Carbon Capture and Storage Summit 2009 is an ideal venue for the discussions on Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS). It will analyze the commercial-scale demonstration projects started at EU level and the national level initiatives already being undertaken in different countries. The conference will address some of the major issues associated with CCS during the build up to Copenhagen summit and will bring together stakeholders from around the world.
Brussels Carbon Capture and Storage Summit 2009 will answer the following queries:
- What role to be played by CCS in reducing European and global GHG emissions?
- Would early development of CCS technologies in the EU result in good market opportunities in the future?
- Does CCS face many of the same “public perception” challenges faced by the nuclear industry for example?
- At a political level, how far could developments in CCS technologies be used as examples of collective and tangible action at EU level and thereafter as a driver for encouraging others – including the USA and the major emerging economies such as China and India etc. to invest in low carbon or carbon reducing technologies?
- Policy makers
- EU Representatives
- Industrial Representatives