The 21st International Congress of Historical Sciences is a unique event of its kind that will focus on all facets of history and its importance in life. The event will be jointly organized by four organizations: The Netherlands National Committee: Koninklijk Nederlands Historisch Genootschap (KNHG), Universiteit van Amsterdam (UvA), Koninklijke Bibliotheek (KB), International Institute of Social History, (IISH). The congress will offer an excellent opportunity for presenting wide-ranging reports, papers, debating of crucial issues, exchanges of ideas and experiences and displaying historical research in action. The 21st International Congress of Historical Sciences will serve as the finest networking forum for the international society of historians.
- The Fall of Empires
- History and Ethics
- Is There a Global Approach to History?
- Imago Mundi: Mapping the World
- Biography and Microhistory
- Higher Learning in Islam, Judaism and Christianity
- The History of UNESCO Project
- Female Iconic Representations of Collective Identity
- Global Inequality in the Long Run – New Evidence and New Measurement Concepts
- Emigrants and Immigrants: networks and identities in a global perspective
- Urban Violence, Casual and Extraordinary
Universiteit van Amsterdam (UvA)